At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Solution Architect,based in EASA, Cologne, Germany.
The key person will be responsible for:
- Perform solution architectural analysis, including assessment of scenarios, definition of “To be” solution architectures in accordance with the Agency’s modelling conventions and compliant with its IT standards;
- Perform use case analysis and impact analysis;
- Definition of solution architectures (application/data/infrastructure and/or network layer), satisfying the requirements in scope;
- Design and conduct architectural proofs-of-concept and prototypes;
- Design of user interfaces;
- Define the structuring of the solution implementation model;
- Conduct architecture and code reviews;
- Production of the relevant technical documentation, such as solution designs, product breakdown structures, flow diagrams and documentation for development, operations and support teams;
- Estimation and prioritisation of work packages and project plans;
- Coordination of the implementation technical architectures;
- Definition and maintenance of a software development methodology including standards and quality aspects;
- Prepare and deliver formal presentations to the relevant stakeholders;
- Interact at executive, technical and business levels;
- Liaise with different technical teams, such as system administrators, testers and support, understanding their requirements;
The key person should have:
- At minimum Bachelor.
- Solid experience in IT architecture (application/data/infrastructure/network layer) and IT solution/software design;
- Proven ability to quickly understand a complex situation, determine the key critical factors, and define solution recommendations (e.g. Build vs. Buy);
- General knowledge of current and emerging technology products and services, both in the domain of IT Architecture as well as for general IT technology advancement as shown by training or experience;
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (preferably The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF));
- Good knowledge of modelling tools;
- Excellent understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design;
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in a role as a solution architect (standard level).
- English at level C1 or equivalent.
Other competences and skills:
- Problem identification and solving skills: ability to constructively challenge assumptions, identify key issues and escalate as appropriate;
- Experience in multicultural organizations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to communicate in a succinct, clear and understandable manner;
- Able to summarize and present successfully key technical issues to the relevant stakeholders (developers, analysts, peers, management and business users) taking into consideration the background of the audience;
- Integrity & Professionalism.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies