At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Solution Administrator, based in EASA, Cologne, Germany.
The key person will be responsible for:
- Support the installation, configuration, security, operation and maintenance of a solution, software or platform, such as MS SharePoint, Savyint, Microsoft Azure, TFS, MS Project Server;
- Work with IT Service Managers, Scrum Teams and IT Architects and the team to evaluate, design and configure solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the solution technical environment more efficient and effective;
- Document the technical implementation, policies and procedures to support the operation and maintenance of the solution and participate in the design and ongoing refinement of technical implementation/configuration documentation, procedures and policies;
- Examine, draft and maintain requirements documents and support creation of technical design documents, testing and capacity and implementation plans for small to complex projects;
- Perform solution administration activities, including: daily performance monitoring; routine checks and maintenance; controlling access, permissions and privileges; troubleshooting and issue resolution;
- Ensure compliance with standard practices and processes in the set-up, configuration, operation and maintenance of the concerned solution;
- Support configuring/developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Act as second level and standby support for the concerned solution;
- Administer the solution platform for user access, as well as perform release management activities with high attention to compliance to standards and best practices;
- Serve as the technical authority for the concerned solution in the management of development and other staging environments and be responsible for managing all deployments and releases (e.g. features and configurations) within the solution or platform, administration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and technical support activities;
- Prepare and execute implementation of patches or upgrades to newer versions of the solution;
- Maintain current industry knowledge of concepts, best practices and procedures for the concerned solution.
The key person should have:
- At minimum Bachelor.
- Excellent experience in the set-up, configuration and administration of the solution toolset, its components and processes;
- Excellent experience and knowledge of DEVOPS and solution release management;
- Excellent experience in automating solution administration tasks and solution tuning;
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, and Network and Security Principles;
- Ability to analyse and tune solution performance;
- Experience in applying patches and performing solution upgrades and migration projects.
- Minimum 4 years (Standard level) or minimum 7 years (Senior level) of professional experience as in a role as an Administrator for the concerned solution.
- English at level B2 or equivalent
General competencies and skills:
- Technical documentation skills;
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment;
- Rapid self-starting capability and team player;
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills combined with a disciplined approach to problem solving;
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Integrity & Professionalism.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies