We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Software / System Tester in European Union (Remote)
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Sapienza’s web-based application, ECLIPSE, is the only collaborative suite of integrated applications designed for use by European space sector organisations, with the European Space Agency as our main customer. The ECLIPSE suite is continuously being improved with new features being added regularly to software releases using Agile methodologies, following the feedback from our fast-growing community of space industry professionals.
To serve the particular needs of the New Space, Defence and Industry sectors, Sapienza takes initiatives for designing and developing new products.
The Software System Tester is a member of the Product QA team. Software / System Tester is involved in the planning, designing and deploying effective test suites for in-house product development and client software application development.
Please note that this is a 1 year fixed term position with intention of renew the contract into permanent upon good performance
As Software / System Tester you will be responsible for:
- Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfil end-user requirements and identify and resolve systems issues
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and developers in the testing of new software programs and applications
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance and interface specifications
- Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and deploy testing techniques for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, regression, security and load testing methods
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-testing best practices
- Maintain the data in the acceptance environments to ensure that it simulates production data in terms of quality and volume
- Maintain regression test scripts associated with our entire core Applications
- Work with external partners on projects related to test process improvements
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- BSc degree in science.
- Foundation ISTQB/ISEB certification would be an advantage;
- 3 years of experience as a Software Tester;
- Strong knowledge of Testing which includes Functional testing, Performance Testing, Security Testing and Regression testing;
- Proven experience in automated testing for web based applications;
- Knowledge and experience with test tools (Postman, Fiddler, BurpSuite, Selenium, SonarQube, Jmeter);
- Knowledge and experience with changes tracking systems (GIT);
- Knowledge of Bug tracking tool JIRA is desirable;
- Experience of Agile (Scrum) project management methodologies;
- Scripting abilities using Python would be an advantage;
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Fluent in English
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies