Software PA Support Engineer (RT-C/TEC-QQS/00643)
Do you have practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards? You could be our new Software PA Support Engineer. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Software PA Support Engineer you will report to the Head of the Software Product Assurance section. Specific tasks experience on (or knowledge of) the following areas would be considered as an asset for this position:
• Agile practices
• Quality assurance for Machine Learning models
• Big Data software architectures and life-cycles
• Data quality assurance
• Cyber-security assurance
• Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools
• Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools
The support tasks will also include the following:
• Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy
• Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme
• Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
• Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards
• Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions
• Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments
• Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
• Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering
• Relevant professional work experience
• Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools
• Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards
• Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
o Configuration management of complex systems
o Software engineering and PA in critical applications
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies