Software Development - Mission Analysis Engineer
Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have experience in development of numerical software in C++ and Python for navigation or spacecraft navigation related disciplines and have worked with software development tools (gitlab, DevOps, Docker)? You could be our new Software Development - Mission Analysis Engineer. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Please, note the start for this position should be NOT later than 01/03/2021.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Software Development - Mission Analysis Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Mission Analysis Tools Development, developing mission analysis applications mainly in Python and C++ using GODOT C++ infrastructure
- Navigation analysis (Covariance and Guidance)
- Local and Global Optimization applications
- Analysis tools to support mission analysis work
- Contributions to the flight dynamics infrastructure software
- General Mission Analysis engineering activities
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics and also, skills to apply their knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Experience in development of numerical software in C++ and Python for navigation or spacecraft navigation related disciplines.
- Familiarity with modern software development tools (gitlab, DevOps, Docker) and experience in mission analysis related work
To be successful in this position, you should be able to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Python, C++); to be able to coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields and to work independently.
Fluency in English, both in speech and writing is a mandatory requirement.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity/experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Linux, network services and protocols, system administration, modern software development tools
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies