Software Asset Consultant (SAC)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Software Asset Consultant (SAC) in Brussels.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity!
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Software Asset Consultant (SAC) you will be responsible for:
- Interpretation of licencing rights and obligations in light of contractual clauses, EULAs, licence grants and other relevant documents
- Creation and maintenance of licence entries in the Software Asset Management (SAM) system
- Preparation and execution of Software Asset Management (SAM) actions in order to bring into compliance or optimize licences in cooperation with other stakeholders
- Assistance with project management of the implementation of additional functionalities in the SAM system
- Assistance with drafting of IT policy in the SAM domain
- Background in IT, economics or law is required as well as interest in the two other domains
- Provide software licence budget evolution and forecasting information
- Assistance with preparation of contract negotiations with vendors
- Follow up of developments in software licencing
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with software-related contractors
- Development of audit and reporting mechanisms
- Development of service catalogues, workflows and service offerings
Indicative roles in a project
- Software Asset Manager/Consultant
- Audit Defence Consultant
- Business Consultant/Analyst
- Licence Consultant
- Product Manager/Consultant
- Vendor Manager
- Intellectual Property Lawyer/Advisor/Consultant/Manager
- IT Contract Manager
- IT Purchaser
- IT Auditor
- IT Project Leader/Manager
- Product Catalogue Manager
- Technical Consultant
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Analysis and technical skills
- Capacity to provide analysis of the licencing situation of software products
- Experience with encoding of free-form legal clauses and/or other specifications into rules in an IT system
- Experience with data conversion to enable import into an IT system
- Experience with configuration of an IT system
- Intermediate to high level of knowledge on how to locate files, add/remove entries and other technical evidence of licence consumption on computers
- Ability to prepare and present compliance reports based on contracts or industry standards
- Ability to draft policies and procedures in IT
- Analysis of requirements, development of specifications for IT infrastructure projects
- ITIL V4 Foundation Certified (or where absent, a (TM-1 or FP-2) penalty may apply and the certification must be passed within 3 months after the start of the contract)
- Experience with project management or relevant training in that area
- SQL querying skills and understanding of database structures
- A SAM certification is not mandatory, but preference will be given to candidates with a CSAM or other SAM certification
- Degree awarded for first cycle of higher education13 (min. 180 ECTS or equivalent / EQF14 Level 6) in IT, economics or law or related field and 2 years of relevant experience in indicative or similar roles or degree awarded for the second cycle of higher education15 (min. 300 ECTS or equivalent / EQF Level 7) in IT, economics or law or related field
For the senior position:
- Degree awarded for first cycle of higher education (min. 180 ECTS or equivalent / EQF Level 6) in IT, economics or law or related field and 5 years of relevant experience in indicative or similar roles or degree awarded for the second cycle of higher education (min. 300 ECTS or equivalent / EQF Level 7) in IT, economics or law or related field and 3 years of relevant experience in indicative or similar roles
Language and communication skills
- Excellent comprehension and expression (written and oral) in English
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Ability to draft comprehensive analysis documents in the IT domain, to prepare and revise policy and procedure documents related to software and to prepare technical reports
- Presentation skills for a technical audience
- Animate/Lead a meeting
- Multitasking and project oriented
- Proactive approach to one’s duties - alerting superiors of issues and proposing solutions
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies