Shift Operator (24X7)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
The objective of the Services Coordinated Interface (SCI) domain is to provide to the Copernicus users, on one hand, EO data from Sentinel missions and Copernicus Contributing Missions and, on the other hand, the necessary support functions associated to the data provision, e.g. help desk and order desk (standard and emergency). The service will ensure the coordinated procurement of data and their availability to Copernicus users.
• REACT (Rapid Emergency Activation for Satellite Tasking), to fulfil the rush EO data requests from eligible users. This task is provided on 24X7 coverage.
• User Support Desk, including users’ registration, users’ enquiries and complaints management, collection of user satisfaction feedback.
• Order Desk, handling the standard EO data requests from users, up to data delivery.
• Core Datasets Production Coordination, translating predefined datasets specifications into orders towards the various data providers, and following up on the order fulfilment and progress of coverage completion.
• CSCDA web site content management, to publish the information related to the data offer and the support functions.
Main task is to support the emergency data request (from archive or tasking new satellite acquisition) which is required to be provided 24X7 with a very quick response time. While on-duty and if there are not Emergency call on-going the operator will manage all the other tasks as per proper instructions provided by SCI Team Leader.
All tasks will be supported by porper operational procedures and working instructions and will make use of specific tools (Applications, Systems, Documents and Interfaces).
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- customer orientation;
- very good command of English language (indispensable – both written and spoken) and ability to write and to understand technical documentation predominantly written in English;
- Earth Observation knowledge implying a good knowledge of ESA main product specifications, mission constraints and ESA data policies;
- remote sensing knowledge preferable;
- good interpersonal and team working skills and ability to adapt to an already well defined team – proactivity and ability to show autonomous aptitude in quick times, especially when operating in the REACT (Emergency) service context;
- knowledge of standard office automation tools;
- Data Delivery from CDS archive;
- Satellite tasking to Contributing Missions;
- Report/Feedback on Emergency calls;
- Replies/feedback and relevant information to Users;
- Input for Monthly Reports;
- Operational Procedures and internal Working Instructions;
- User Satisfaction and relevant Investigation output;
- Escalation to the SCI Team Leader with respect to the unresolved issues and complaints.
MS Office suite, Web browsers and relevant web-based applications, FTP tools.
If candidates with equally relevant experience are identified, preference will be given to candidates within "Categorie Protette (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità” (only applicable in case of Italian candidates).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
The position includes 15% shift allowance.
About the Company
Serco Italia Spa, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies