Service Tool Manager
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Sercos space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Service Tool Manager based at ESOC.
The position is offered as a fixed-term contract to cover the paternal leave. The support period from 09/2019 until 02/2020 with a possibility of extension for the rest of 2020.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
- Collection of requirements from stakeholders.
- Creation and maintenance of project documentation.
- Reviews procedures and work flows for implementation in the customisedITSM tool.
- Development, maintenance and documentation of add-on tools anduilities.
- Evaluation of change request viability, including effort estimation and risk assessment.
- Preparation and conduction of tests for major releases and migrations of the customised ITSM tool.
- Report generation and creation.
- Support of configuration database related activities.
- Liaison with the user community.
- Internal interface for service teams on configuration/documentation issues in the area of the customised ITSM tool.
- Escalation of issues with CIs, the CMDB or invalid/out of date documents.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- Strong IT skill set (Word, Excel etc)
- Experience with ITSM tool
- Some SQL knowledge
- ITIL knowledge
- Ability to work on their own
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Very good English language skills (verbal/written)
- Ability to write/update documentation/create reports
- Good communication skills and service ethos
- Database knowledge preferred
- Micro Focus Service Manager knowledge would be good
- Configuration Management experience would be a plus
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the worlds largest providers of public services,employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to peoples lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers front-line public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies