Service Manager (Noordwijk,Netherlands )
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Travel Cost Settlement Service , based in ESTEC, in Noordwijk.
As a leader of a small team first responsibilities are: coordinate, plan and deliver, in a responsible and practical manner , play an active role in the daily delivery of the services and be the interface to the customer regarding escalations and reporting.
- Ensuring adequate delivery of the service processes as defined in the statement of work and agreed to be updated during the running of the service;
- Participation in all regular admin tasks (mission settlement handling, archiving);
- Checking payment submissions for ESA sign off;
- Management of ad hoc requests including preparation for audits;
- General management of team activities including:
- Coordination of team members to ensure service availability as required
- Leave approval
- Sickness management
- Timesheet approval
- Ensuring adequate training of team members
- Setting of priorities in line with the Service requirements and any SLAs / KPIs;
- Ensuring communication of any amended TCSS processes in response to changes in relevant ESA processes, rules and regulations;
- Interview/selection of replacements when required.
- Logging and monitoring the KPIs and SLAs and ensuring the service delivers adequately against these (including producing the required reports and providing to ESA technical responsible of the service and Serco CM);
- Monitoring processes in place and proactively leading their
continuous improvement together with the other members of the service team;
- Conducting annual appraisals of team members (in coordination with CM/HR in the Serco support office);
- Timely notification of exceptional operational issues to Serco
(CM/HR) and the ESA TR for the service.
The ideal candidate should bring:
- A good level of education
- Excellent coordination, organisational and persuasion skills
- Strong team spirit and identity, capability to lead and motivate a team
- Analytical skills and a practical, ingenious and solution-oriented approach towards problems
- Dedication to commitment and excellence
- Innovative spirit and judgment skills: the team leader must be able to perform well with limited supervision / assistance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quick to take-up the customer corporate culture or, preferably, some experience in working within an International Organisation
- Proficiency in English both oral and written is essential (Dutch or English mother-tongue is not mandatory)
- Knowledge of Service Level Agreements and Service Level Reporting is a distinct benefit.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools, in particular Excel.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies