Service Desk Technician / Helpdesk Operator
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA's Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
Serco Italy has a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to ESA. To provide continual service improvement, Serco has recently introduced a special focus on evolution and innovation, with the aim of supporting ESA in further evolving the services and products.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Service Desk Technician / Helpdesk Operator in Frascati !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
As Service Desk Technician / Helpdesk Operator you will be responsible for:
Main tasks are:
- Provide customers with ongoing application technical support. This support includes responding to customer issues, transferring to operations updated software that solves bug issues, performing installations and working with the customer service team
- Acquire and analyse customer needs and problems, making recommendations for new developing solutions
- Customer analysis to tune applications that respond to customer need
- Generation and maintenance of Operational Procedures and work instructions
- Management of service incidents, anomalies and issues troubleshooting
- Support testing and verification activities
- Support the maintenance, operation and transfer of the managed applications
- Provide innovative solutions to common problems
- Generate ideas for innovating managed applications
- Work with customer service and quality analysis teams to optimize products and ensure products stay up-to-date and continue to satisfy customer needs
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the managed applications
- Regular interaction with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure systems integrity and security
- Application monitoring and alarm analysis
- Interface with third party suppliers
- Technical notes editing support
- Execute regular application maintenance activities
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- Good knowledge of Trouble Tocketing Systems (Remedy, ServiceNow, OTRS)
- Good Knowledge of ITIL best practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Technical Certifications are an asset
- Fluent in English Language (both written and spoken)
- Good communications skills
- Capacity of working in team
- Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones
- Capacity of working under pressure
- Pro-active problem solving attitude
- Ability to work in a team and to share and acquire knowledge
- Willingness to travel abroad for short-term periods
- at lest 2 years experience in user support roles
- at lest 2 years experience in application support
- English Certification (≥ B1)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies