Service Desk Operator
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Operator, based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Please note: This position is offered as a fixed-term contract with an ending date in June 2021 (15/06/2021).
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
- Handling the switchboard internal/external calls
- Booking of meetings, including associated work orders for individual service providers
- Creation of tickets for all service providers
- Timely coordination of incoming emails and phone calls
- Provision of assistance to the employees on finding information related to daily processes
- Acting as a bridge between employees and service providers
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Service Desk experience or similar customer-facing experience
- Technical know-how
- Very good customer service skills required
- Capable of adjusting and integrating into the multi-culture environment of a European organisation
- Friendly approach and the ability to handle complex situations is essential
- The ideal candidate shall be reliable, punctual, dress in business attire and competent to carry out the services.
- Secondary school graduation (preferably high school graduation/Abitur) plus professional education;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience and in case of existing academic study, 2 years of professional experience;
- Basic knowledge of Facility Management standards e.g. GEFMA; Good knowledge of Ticket systems or CAFM software e.g.Planon;
- Good knowledge of Switchboard systems e.g. CISCO;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Very good communication and customer service skills;
- English and German skills level C1 (according to the "self-assessment grid" available on the Europass web site http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
Please note: This position is offered as a fixed-term contract with an ending date in June 2021.
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies