Service Desk Operator
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Operator, based in Prague.
You will have to:
- Support the Operational ESA Centres to carry out their daily activity
- Service Requests and Incidents management
- Anomalies management
- Fast resolution of routine Incidents and Service Requests at 1st level
- Announcements management for users community
- Daily monitoring on specific components/applications
- Daily interaction with customers and co-workers
You should have:
- Good knowledge of DMS (KT, Alfresco, SEED DMS)
- Good knowledge of Linux (Red Hat, Suse, Ubuntu)
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes
- Good knowledge of Networking principles
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of Linux Virtual Machine (Debian, Red Hat)
- Knowledge of Databases (MySQL, ORACLE, PostgreSQL, Informix, SQL)
- 1-2 years of experience in usage of DMS
- 1-2 years of experience in Linux environment
- Excellent English (both written and spoken)
- Advanced ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Professional and knowledgeable attitude and behavior with customers and co-workers
- Good communications skills
- Capacity of working in team
- Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones
- Capacity of working under pressure
- Customer Service Skills
- Coworking office, no relocation required
- Dynamic working environment (closer to a start-up than a multinational), good growth opportunities for the future
- Close collaboration with the European Space Sector.
- Knowledge of the Aerospace sector is an advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies