Service Desk Agent
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a SERVICE DESK AGENT, based in Brussels.
The following tasks will be performed:
1. Agents shall have a good understanding of the Service Desk environment (i.e. the Service Desk Tool and the Automated Call Distribution (ACD) system), Front Office Applications (as detailed in the DGA CIS Service Catalogue), as well as call handling aspects related to GSC specific services (e.g. confidentiality or criticality of services).
2. Agents shall be able to use of the Service Desk tools in the accomplishments of their tasks.
3. Agents shall use remote desktop technology to remotely diagnose and/or resolve incidents (SCCM).
4. Agents shall handle different types of service requests, being:
a) User Incidents concerning all CIS related infrastructure
b) User Requests concerning removals, changes or additions of software or hardware
c) Inquiries about incident/request status
5. Agents shall participate in outgoing campaigns related to the above service requests.
6. Agents shall handle service requests introduced by:
In addition, Incidents can originate from the event management process, which can generate automated alerts
7. Incident resolution shall be achieved concerning the following types of incidents:
a) General CIS questions (hard- and software related)
b) CIS Procedures (mainly requests related)
c) Operating Systems
d) All drivers and software to support configurations as mentioned by supported hardware
e) Office Applications
f) Basic functionality of specialised software (following training by SGC).
g) Documented cases in the Knowledge Base , as far as no physical intervention is required.
8. Agents shall understand the confidentiality of their function, and strictly adhere to the rules set out in Annex E: Security Measures. Agents shall be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
9. Agents shall co-operate with Second Line and Third Line Support, as well as with other sectors (requests, networking, system management, etc.). they should provide all necessary incident information on an escalated incident to avoid duplication of resources and customer nuisance.
10. All close incidents should be documented in such a way that documentation is provided to
allow a correct analysis of the type of incident and its resolution, as well as provide
appropriate information leading to a problem resolution where applicable.
11. Agents shall co-operate fully to each kind of customer satisfaction program
The following skills are required:
1. Agents shall have proficiency - Understanding and Speaking - Level C.1 or above using the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF) - in at least two languages, being English and French. Additional levels or knowledge of these or other EU languages provides added value.
2. Agents shall have a thorough knowledge of IT and Communication Systems environments, through specific education and through experience (at least two years).
3. Agents shall have an excellent knowledge of MS Windows (current release: Windows 7). The level and application of the required knowledge is set to be minimal at the level of Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA: Windows 7).
4. Agents shall have an excellent knowledge of standard Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Internet Explorer, and MS Outlook).
Minimal certification required are :
a) For MS-Word: MOS: Microsoft Office Word 2010 Expert
b) For MS-Excel: MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Expert
c) For MS-Outlook 2010: MOS: Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 Specialist
d) PowerPoint 2010: MOS: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 Specialist
5. Agents shall have previous work experience in a customer support environment or in a field
that requires strong interpersonal communications skills of at least two years.
6. Agents shall have outstanding listening and comprehension skills, interpersonal communication skills, keyboard skills and ability to deal with all levels of professionals in an organisation.
7. Agents shall have the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
8. Agents shall be required to use their skills and general knowledge to take responsibility of a customer request or incident, and respond by providing great customer care and using appropriate information, by training the customer and by remote analysis of the incident.
9. Agents shall maintain a good understanding of products and relevant procedures in use at
10. Agents can be required occasionally to work outside standard working hours.
11. Agents shall be required to have a clean criminal record.
12. Agents might be required to have a security clearance allowing access to classified information (up to SECRET EU level) and thus be prepared to undergo security screening.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies