Service Desk Agent level 5
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Service Desk Agent level 5 for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Service Desk Agent level 5 you will be responsible for:
The service provider will be requested to perform the tasks and activities relating to the lot 2 of the SRB/OP1/2022 framework contract, profile Service Desk Agent level 5. In particular, the following services will be provided:
- User guidance and support regarding the use of information systems / ICT tools;
- Follow-up of incidents related to information systems organisation of the reporting;
- Follow-up of user requests;
- Follow-up of bug reports;
- Document knowledge, known issues and transfer of this knowledge to colleagues;
- Install, move, modify, and repair computer hardware and software for users;
- Categorize and prioritize incoming tickets correctly and escalate where needed.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven knowledge in end user assistance and support of information systems;
- Good IT skills;
- Good knowledge of ITIL;
- Knowledge of wiki, collaborative sites and social networks;
- Excellent communication / writing skills;
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings;
- Able to use the office automation tools used in the Commission (MS-Office).
Following specific expertise is mandatory for the performance of tasks:
- Corresponding level of education as specified in Annex 5 of the FWC;
- 10 years of IT professional experience;
- Good understanding of IP Telephony (Cisco) is an asset;
- Previous working in EU Institutions/Agencies is an asset;
- Working experience with Atlassian JIRA ticketing tool is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies