Sentinel-3 Mission Analyst
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sentinel-3 Mission Analyst based at EUMETSAT.
The ideal candidate should concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
- Monitor the End to End production, Timeliness Processing & Dissemination via monthly KPIs;
- Validate and compile data for KPIs of the S3 Marine Centre to be used in the generation of monthly reports;
- Coordinate the assessment and review of the monthly KPIs;
- Monitor Production/Dissemination performance and Conduct 1st level investigations into anomalies. Report through the established channels;
- Report in Daily Operations meeting (on request) Dissemination performance for S3;
- Supervise and co-ordinate Controller activities with respect to mission monitoring (SMART) activities;
- Monitor and coordinate MME interface issues;
- Support the development of the SMART monitoring implementation for the S3 environment including participation in S3 SMART development meetings;
- Identify and co-ordinate and supervise team training activities;
- Ensure availability and function of the S3 Knowledge base and carry out incremental updates and development of the S3 Knowledge base as required;
- Participate in the on duty analyst rota (On Call);
- Compare the updates to MPMF against the manual process.
The successful applicant will have a sound knowledge of the Sentinel-3 System and will be certified to carry out shift work if required.
He/she must be familiar with Key Performance Indicators, from usage to improvements. Good knowledge of EUMETSAT’s MMEs, especially SMART is an advantage. Also, knowledge of EUMETSAT’s Documentation Management Tool and Anomaly Report process would be advantageous.
Additionally, the key person should bring good PC skills, with a good knowledge of the following:
- Excel and Access.
Experience in software coding/ scripting e.g. C++, Unix/Linux and Python for Report development will be considered an asset.
The key person must have good interpersonal skills.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies