Senior Test Manager (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Senior Test Manager
- Oversee the contractor test activities in‐plant and on‐site in accordance with the terms specified in the respective statements of work;
- manage the planning, preparation and conduction of operational demonstrations for each site including the preparation of realistic scenarios tailored specifically for each site, and working as a team in close coordination with site operators;
- review the contract deliverables, to ensure that the contractor has correctly interpreted the relevant specifications relating to Test and Evaluation (T&E); ensure that resources (personnel, interfaces, communications, flights, etc.) required for system test execution are identified, planned, and coordinated;
- ensure that test plans and procedures are produced timely and test results are captured and analysed in support of verification and validation;
- evaluate test plans, test procedures and schedules proposed by the contractor(s) and provide recommendations and/or comments to improve them;
- monitor contractor execution of test activities, to ensure their compliance with the approved test plans and documentation;
- evaluate and interpret results of test activities in co‐ordination with the responsible operational and technical staff and recommend appropriate courses of action to the H‐AVVS and the respective project leader;
- identify potential problem areas, assessing their impact and proposing alternative courses of action when required;
- participate in contract milestone reviews, technical interchange meetings, contract deliverable reviews and other project meetings to provide V&V expertise and represent V&V interests;
- advise on T&E engineering and engineering change proposals; monitor the T&E engineering activities of related national implementation contracts and advising host nations;
The Ideal Candidate
- A Master of Science (MSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related discipline and 5 years post‐related experience;
- Or a Bachelor ofScience (BSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related discipline and 7 years post related experience;
- Recent experience in the management (planning and execution) of verification and validation activities for large‐scale distributed software‐intensive CIS to include functional, performance and interoperability;
- Good knowledge of, and practical experience in, modern test engineering and test management methods and paradigms;
- Good knowledge of, and practical experience in, Agile‐based software design, development and testing methodologies.
- General up‐to‐date knowledge of computer system architectures, systems security, client/server, LAN/WAN and network concepts, test techniques, Database Management Systems (DBMS) and data management concepts.
- Experience with the use of requirements management tools (e.g Rational® DOORS®), defect tracking tools (e.g.Jira, Bugzilla, ClearQuest) and test cases management tools (e.g. TestRail™)
Experience working with Solaris, MS Windows and Linux and knowledge of system security, system integration principles and technologies of multiple operating systems.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies