Senior Technician (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Senior Technician
Under the direction of the Branch Head Service Operations and Support, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Executing assigned work orders, often under the direction and guidance of centralised services, to provide local intervention to assure SLA targets are sustained.
- Providing superior customer service experience utilising effective commu nication techniques Install and configure Desktop Services.
- Performing advanced analysis and troubleshooting of Desktop Services, in support of incident management processes.
- Performing testing and evaluation of supported hardware and software (firmware and drivers).
- Monitoring and recommending changes in Desktop Service lifecycle configuration to enhance the customer experience.
- Performing Incident Support Request lifecycle services affecting endusers (i.e. creating, reporting, tracking, resolving and closing Incidents).
- Perform corrective actions, under direction of the Branch Head, to support Problem Management.
- Contribute to recommendations to the Continued Service Improvement, and/or procurement processes for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of approved equipment.
The Ideal Candidate
Higher Secondary education or completed higher vocational training in a related field leading to a formal technical or professional certification.
At least 5 years recent practical experience within a CIS Service Operations environment.
At least 3 years recent practical experience of configuring, installing and troubleshooting industry standard desktop Windows Operating Systems.
At least 2 years recent experience in PC Hardware Systems, with a good understanding of Intel x64 bit systems configuration and performance monitoring.
Good working knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols and Standards.
Experience with Office Automation Solutions (printer, scanner, fax, voice, productivity packages).
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies