Senior Technician (Power Equipment) (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Senior Technician (Power Equipment)
Under the direction of the Principal Technician Power Equipment, the incumbent will perform duties such as the follow;
- Operate and perform unit and field level maintenance and emergency interventions on associated power facilities of the SGS;
- Maintain station logs and ensure proper outage reporting;
- Provide feedback to Principal Technician Power Equipment for internal training program improvements, and ensure maintenance personnel comply with prescribed
maintenance procedures concerning power equipment;- Participate to On-the
-Job-Training (OJT) programs to complement official NCISS training program;
- Assist and advise Principal Technician Power Equipment on power related issues within the H&S Plan of SGS Station;
- Performing all duties requested by Principal Technician Power Equipment, and related to daily functioning of the Site, position of the Site within NCIA, Customer, and the local community;
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience and Education:
− Vocational training at a higher level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent, or Diploma of secondary education
- and 5 years of relevant experience;
− At least 5 years’ experience in the operation or maintenance of Power Equipment;
− Essential basic experience of:
• AC Power distribution equipment
• Emergency AC Power generation and associated fuel storage
• Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
• HVAC systems
• Water distribution and filtering systems
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally, using tact and diplomacy, with good briefing skills.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Basic knowledge of French and Dutch is desired as role involves working with local subcontractors;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of Customer responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies