Senior Technician (CSD Mons) (Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Senior Technician (CSD Mons)
Under the direction of more senior staff, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Provides superior customer service and responsiveness that inspires confidence with the customer;
- Applies advanced problem solving skills and experiences in problem fault resolution;
- Utilises and maintains standard operating procedures, processes and support documentation;
- Establishes strong working relations with customers and team members;
- Advices and assists to less experienced analysts;
- Validates and assures escalation processes are monitored for SLA compliance;
- Engages other Service Lines, branches, corporate groups and service desks toimprove service quality and SLA delivery;
- Works (possibly) on shift or extended working hours;
- Deputize for higher grade staff;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Vocational training at a higher level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent, or Diploma of secondary education;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in Service Desk Operations within the last ten years;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of MS Windows 7, MS Office, Visio, MS Project and Internet Explorer;
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of mobile computing solutions (e.g. VPN access, Notebooks, Remote Access and WLAN);
- Extensive experience in end user support in general;
- Customer focus and service orientation as well as highly effective interpersonal skills in dealing with demanding customers under high workload;
- Extensive experience in performing user administration in MS Active Directory and Exchange;
- Experience of Outlook configuration and administration and troubleshooting in an MS exchange environment.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT;
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows Operating Systems, MS Office, PC Hardware, Networking Hardware, Networking Protocols, DesktopTroubleshooting, Telephony, Network Security, SCCM software deployment, SCCM remote desktop management;
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies