Senior Solution Lead - System Architect / Enterprise Architect
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a Senior Solution Lead - System Architect / Enterprise Architect, to reinforce the team in our Brussels office!
You will be responsible for assisting the development of bid-winning solutions for Serco Europe and for developing & assisting in the development of value propositions that meet customers’ and service users requirements, leading to successful prosecution of opportunities.
The European bid pipeline requires solution & enterprise architecture experts who understand the European public services market and customer requirements to develop solutions for Serco bids and new propositions.
The role will require the individual to work on large and medium sized bids with teams of Solution Architects, Operational Leads, Subject Matter Experts, Bid Directors, Bid Managers, other “horizontal” resources and third party organisations, such as supply chain partners or specialist suppliers.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Senior Solution Lead - System Architect / Enterprise Architect you will be responsible for:
- Effective capture of customer requirements and to turn these requirements into compelling value propositions, forming the basis for proposals and bid solutions
- Lead the delivery of elements of solutions for key bids, projects and programmes
- Design solutions that lead to winning business.
- Systems Engineering & Enterprise Architecture
- Design solutions for major bids using Systems Engineering & Solution/ Enterprise Architecture approaches
- Use systems engineering approaches; for example, COAD, TOGAF, MODAF, Soft Systems etc to develop Enterprise Architectures for Enterprise Operating Models
- Requirements Capture including running interactive customer workshops
- Develop the overall vision, high level architectural design and Target Operating Model (TOM) for the bid, project or programme
- Analysis of As-Is solutions, design of To-Be solutions and design of the transition between the two states, so that the To-Be solution can be effectively delivered
- Develop manpower / workforce solutions, incorporating elements such as TUPE transfer and asset management solutions
- Ensure the integration of IT and IT transformation.
- Process and Data Analytics
- Use all aspects Business Process Re-engineering
- Coordinate all aspects of data analytics & benchmarking including data acquisition (i.e. from historical records, collating market data, GIS etc.) data analytics (including regression analysis, statistics etc) and development of benchmarks and benchmarking regimes to develop effective solutions
- Ensure the management of specialist analytics contractors/suppliers
- Develop solutions that are compliant with Serco’s Target Operating Model (TOM) and the Serco Management System (SMS) requirements.
- Proposition Development and Bidding
- Lead multi-disciplinary bid & other teams
- Develop safe, regulatory compliant solutions, taking into account developing legislation and increasing regulatory compliance requirements
- Introduce innovation that will differentiate Serco’s propositions in a crowded market place
- Ensure compliance to the Serco Business Lifecycle governance processes. Ensure that ‘best brains’ critically review the solution (technical, commercial, financial and written) and benchmark where appropriate
- Embed continuous improvement into solutions & adopting best practice methods from across Serco’s contracts and industry.
People & Culture
- Work effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including senior internal stakeholders, to ensure governance review processes take place
- Work closely with other indirect/horizontal resources providing solution leadership and clear direction to the bid team
- Ensure that bid workstreams balance a range of technical and subject matter experts with new and innovative thinking
- Work effectively with partners and subcontractors to lead a coherent solution, ensuring commercial sensitivities are managed appropriately.
- Capture solution and benefits in proposal and technical documentation
- Capture and communicate any associated risks and assumptions
- Lead solution team in production of input and pricing required e.g. identification and management of third parties
- Assist the management of the solution budget for major opportunities, ensuring compliance and effective optimum utilisation of resources
- Apply relevant financial and commercial models to achieve effective technical solutions, working closely with the commercial & financial teams
- Ensure that the operational and technical solution are fully reflected in the commercial proposal and costing model and that the solution is deliverable
- Use financial data to review and assess opportunities and aid decision-making
- Participate in competitor analysis to assess strength of Serco solution and allocate Pwin.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Systems Engineering/Solution or Enterprise Architecture qualifications desirable
- MBA desirable, although not essential.
Essential technical and professional skills and knowledge
- Strong written English: able to explain complex technical constructs with ease. Ability to write compelling prose is essential
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills. Maybe demonstrated through participation in Competitive Dialogue or other OJEU processes
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills to include interpersonal, written, staff level and executive level business briefings
- Strong understanding of Systems Engineering approaches, including Solution and Enterprise Architecture
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to assimilate information quickly, and communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business to aid decision making
- Solid understanding of the Serco’s markets, services, competitive forces, market and industry, with ability to apply insights into proposition development
- Understanding of internal networks and politics within Serco and evidence of leveraging this knowledge to navigate complexity preferable
- Able to demonstrate senior stakeholder management and the ability to develop effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence effective outcomes
- Effective management with strong track record of delivering change in complex and demanding environments, interacting with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent commercial judgment and financial literacy
- Experience in Business Development for public or private sector service providers with demonstrated growth success
- Experience of Systems Engineering, Solutions &/or Enterprise Architecture methodologies to develop Target Operating Models (TOMs)
- Experience of all aspects of Business Process Re-engineering
- Demonstrable track record in sales & marketing execution
- Experience of managing diverse teams and managing/influencing indirect resources
- Good understanding of contract management and service delivery
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience of applying Lean or Continuous Improvement at organisational level.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies