Senior Software Engineer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customers in Brussels we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer at least 10 years of relevant experience .
- Analysis of user / functional requirements;
- Translating functional requirements into technical specifications;
- Technical Analysis;
- Technical design;
- Effort estimations;
- Programming in Web/JEE/RDBMS technologies and tools;
- Prototyping of IT systems, modules and components;
- Programming IT software (IT development);
- Testing (unit testing and integration testing), validation of solutions;
- Drafting documentation (technical and functional) including documentation for the support team;
- Assisting the support team with the training of system users;
- Assisting with the evaluation and testing of products delivered by external system suppliers so as to ensure their compliance with the project specifications, and required methodology if any;
- Troubleshooting, debugging, diagnosis, user support;
- Participation in meetings with the end users.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills:
- Expertise in (web) development in Java Enterprise Edition (JEE), Oracle Weblogic, Oracle ESB, open source frameworks like Spring and Hibernate;
- Expertise in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL;
- Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails, JSON, PostgreSQL, Ajax, CoffeeScript and Atom web feeds;
- Expertise in AngularJS;
- SOA expertise with the Oracle SOA suite and the Oracle OSB and expertise in Web Services development in JEE;
- SOA technologies : XSD, WSDL, JAX-WS;
- Web services.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
This position can be offered as a Permanent or Freelance position.
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies