Senior Network Engineer
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Senior Network Engineer for our prestigious partner Defence in Brussels.
Serco Defence is part of the Serco Group and is trusted by military organisations around the world to deliver critical support services and operate sensitive facilities. We have deep expertise in delivering high quality services at an optimized costing due to specialized know-how with innovation and operational excellence.
Serco is supporting the Belgian Military in providing high quality integrated facility services. We combine the strength and stability of a large international company with the flexibility and humanity of a smaller structure.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for:
- This contract concerns the design, delivery and maintenance of a centralized solution for the integration of data related to Scanning and detection procedures by Customs and Excise agents, specific to maritime cargo.
- The solution will be deployed at the regional checkpoints of the Border Inspection Post.
- This assignment concerns the design, roll-out and maintenance of an IT architecture according to the needs and vision of the client.
- The contract includes the integration, communication, compatibility and configuration of the structures and the necessary peripherals (measuring ports, cameras, OCR, ANPR, X-ray scanners, etc.), with the contractor converting the existing output of the peripherals to standard - or open-source formats.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- Over 10 years Network/Infrastructure Design and distributed architecture expertise.
- Demonstrated experience leading at least two brownfield IT refreshes
- Experience in on-site implementation and supervision, to include direction of field IT technicians
- Procurement of hardware and export control compliance
- 50% or greater travel within Belgium
- Quality controls
- Cybersecurity qualification and ability to supervise vulnerability and penetration tests
Mandatory Language Requirements
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies