Senior Network Administrator - EU Institutions in Brussels
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Administrator based in Brussels.
- Administration of networks
- Installation and configuration of network components.
- Monitoring of network activities and performance.
- Assistance in security studies/assessments in order to strengthen the security level of these environments.
- Incident analysis and resolution, problem definition, analysis and resolution: preliminary diagnosis network software and hardware problems, coordination with the central IT department and with 3rd party maintenance contractors.
- Advice the local IT teams in areas such as capacity management, contingency planning, IT service continuity management, automation of repetitive tasks, security, etc.
- Maintenance of the network procedures manual and the part of the disaster recovery plans related to local systems and applications.
- Knowledge of network installations and deployment tools, based on scripting and cloning techniques.
The Ideal Candidate
General expertise, knowledge and skills:
- Master degree in IT or related technology, and minimum 11 years of IT professional from which at least 4 years of real experience in managing network equipment and structures.
- CISCO certification.
- Very good knowledge of DNS and DHCP principles.
- Good knowledge of secure network connectivity (PKI infrastructures, VPN connections).
- Good knowledge of secure WIFI technologies (e.g. Cisco Meraki, RADIUS).
- Very good knowledge of network monitoring tools (e.g. EyesOfNetwork, Nagios).
- Good knolwedge of VOIP & Unified Communications (hosted).
- Certificate for project management methodology (e.g. Prince2) is considered as an advantage.
- Good knowledge of ITIL methodology is considered and advantage.
- Good knowledge about MCSA is considered an advantage.
- Practical experience proving the capability to execute the tasks described above.
- Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working: proactive attitude, communicative and customer-oriented.
- Experience in providing services for multi-country structures including developing countries is considered as an advantage.
- At least 4 years of experience in installation and configuration of network components.
- At least 4 years of experience in monitoring of network resources.
- IT service continuity management.
- Very good knowledge of security management of he network against internal and external attacks.
- Knowledge of VoIP technology.
- Experience with network access management and authentication principles (e.g. Radius server).
- English: advanced both written and oral knowledge
- French: advanced oral knowledge
- Spanish is considered an advantage
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
- Excellent Salary
- Attractive Corporate Benefits package (Holiday prime, End year bonus, Hospitalization insurance, Group insurance, Meal vouchers, Eco vouchers, Representation allowance, etc.)
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
> Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies