We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Secretary/Administrative Assistant with SPACE sector experience.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you 😊
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
As part of the Advanced Concepts and Studies Office at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
Provision of secretarial and administrative support to ESA Advanced Concepts and Studies Office, and the Hera mission project team (referred to as “teams” hereafter).
It includes the following general tasks common to all three teams:
- Day-to-day support to teams’ personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Provision of logistic support to the teams, in particular for arrivals of personnel (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) and for the organisation of on-side and off-site working .
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the teams.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists and taking minutes of coordination meetings.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Support with QMS procedures.
- Support the organisation of the media-relations and act as day-to-day interface with the ESTEC Communications Office as needed;
In particular for the Advanced Concepts and Studies Office:
- Maintain a close working relationship with and among the team members located in ESA HQ and in ESA ESTEC.
- Assist new members especially during their first weeks in the teams and in ESA (high turn-over of temporary researchers of the Advanced Concepts Team).
- Support the recruitment process for RF, YGT and interns maintaining a close working relation with ESA HR.
- Support the administrative steps of EISI (ESA Initial Support to Innovation) type contracts selected via the Open Space Innovation Platform (OSIP, ideas.esa.int) in close coordination with ESA’s contracts services, including verification, validation and finalisation of EISI agreements, organisation of EISI agreement signature, and support to project controlling.
- Assisting researchers of the Advanced Concepts Team in exploring new technologies and techniques and in disseminating its scientific results;
- Photo and video documentation of events and their communication via the teams’ communication channels (website, twitter, youtube, diigo, wiki, social networks etc);
- Help to create media content to support the study and research result communication (images, short videos, etc.)
In particular for the Hera mission project team:
- Support to the Project Reviews Processes (logistics organization, send invitation, consolidation of inputs, minutes, etc.).
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring::
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- For site specific functions knowledge of the local language is considered an asset.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with basic scripting to autonomise work flows is considered an asset. Demonstrated interest in experimenting with new IT tools is considered a valuable asset.
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is considered an asset.
- Familiar with SharePoint and Eclipse systems.
In particular for the Advanced Concepts and Studies Office and it’s Advanced Concepts Team:
- Empathy for the specificities of academic environments (flat hierarchical structure, open free speech environments, frequent testing of new tools, methods and techniques, frequent but low-cost conference participations);
- Need to be familiar (user level) or quickly get familiar with new web technologies for the groups internal organisation (use of wikis, blogs, svn, git, etc.)
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies