Secretary / Administrative Assistant (RT-C/TIA-TP/00125)
Do you have excellent communication skills? Do you have an administrative background? You could be our new Secretary / Administrative Assistant. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Secretary / Administrative Assistant you will be responsible of the below tasks:
- Coordinating actions with other secretaries of the department.
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organizing calendar and keeping the Department Offices informed on all issues of concern; supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects.
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the Department Staff to take actions on given issues. Maintain and manage confidential information.
- Analyzing incoming mail-paper and e-mail - and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches staff to insure timely responses.
- Coordinating actions with the TIA/T office and other Department offices;organizing and coordinating high level meetings (e.g. Steering Boards) with Industry.
- Ensuring the diffusion of information between the Head of Office and the Programmes/Project Teams.
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Head of Office or for reply at a later time.
- Keeping organized records of these calls and checking closure and follow up.
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements
- Supporting the Department Head and TIA-T staff in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organisational and contractual matters.
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail. Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures).
- For the execution of the tasks the contractor will be expected to use related ESA Corporate software tools, documentations systems, and databases and interface with the relevant actors across the Agency.
- Provide support to ensure the implementation and operations of the Department Documentation Management System in accordance with the ISO requirements and TIA processes.
- Establishing and maintaining the structure and records and files on the Management Information Systems such as Eclipse and Daptiv. Interfacing and providing support to department staff on administrative related to use of the relevant systems.
- Supporting the ISO management system and processes. Support to reviews and audits, and preparation of files as background for meetings and special studies.
- Administering and maintaining the office documentation systems. Setting up the folder structure, registration, filing and distribution of correspondence and other documentation. Follow up of departmental actions using the Eclipse Documentation Management System.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Qualification from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, Economics, Management or related field, together with an administrative background and experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration
- Business administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interface at appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside the Department.
- Ability to readily assimilate and co-ordinate input data and providing timely output to the hierarchy
- Reliability, rigor and initiative in the execution of the assigned work
- Proven sense of confidentiality
- Experience of Documentation management
- Languages skills: Fluent English (competence in other languages such as French, Italian, German, Spanish is appreciated)
- Excellence in the use of standard office automation support software packages and of commercial database system and electronic mail.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies