Secretary / Administrative Assistant (RT-C/TEC-Q/00635)
Do you have experience in administration environment ? Do you wish to have an exciting working experience in the European Space Agency? Come join us as Secretary / Administrative Assistant our team at ESTEC, based in Noordwijk (Netherlands).
As Secretary / Administrative Assistant you will:
• Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
• Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
• Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
• Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
• Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
• Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
• Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
• Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
• Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
• Organization of agenda and of meetings.
• Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
• Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of
coordination meetings for the Unit.
• Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
In addition to the above that correspond to standard activities in support to an organisational unit, the work package may also cover the following tasks:
• Support to the Project Review Process.
• Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
• ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
• Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
• Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
• For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is also required.
• Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
• Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA). We have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies