Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations.
For the past 30 years we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
Serco is seeking a Sales Person to further develop our established business within Government Institution customers located in Brussels.
The successful candidate(s) will be proactive, positive, innovative, customer focused, responsive and able to develop and sell tailored solutions and consistently deliver results.
You will report hard line to Contract or Account Director and dotted line to the General Manager
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Sales Person you will be responsible for:
Key accountabilities In a growing market environment, support the growth objectives set by the Country plan both in terms of new sales and increased margins contributing to executing account management activities.
- Support the implementation of the commercial strategy and sales plan established by the European Business Development Leads (BDL) and country General Manager (GM) with Government Institutions in Brussels being the primary the primary focus (specifically DIGIT TM).
- Develop consultative relationship with all customers to position of Serco at the heart of the upcoming opportunities.
- Drive capture management activities by proactively understanding customer needs and promoting the Serco way and Serco capabilities.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships within the customer community and industry to be able to identify new business opportunities for the benefice of the growth plan.
- Ensure proactive submissions are qualitatively submitted and successfully closed with margins in line with country strategy.
- Develop a pipeline of new business opportunities, in alignment with the BDL, to ensure growth targets are achieved.
- Support organic growth actions with Contract Manager.
- For each opportunity, and with the support of the relevant sector BDL develop a win strategy, with efficient win themes, competitive analysis and a price-to-win.
- Understand Serco’s capabilities and assess them against customer requirements / needs, identifying gaps and implementing individual capture strategies.
- Support in the development of a network of relationships with customers, potential customers already said above, including supporting the internal Recruitment team.
- Collaborate with BDL/Recruitment to understand and analyse unsuccessful bid activity and ensure these inputs into future proposition development.
- Support Representation of Serco in all relevant professional associations, in coordination with the Country General Manager.
- In coordination with the Europe marketing team, attend and coordinate the Serco presence for sales events and fairs.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- High level of knowledge within the Belgium public sector and international agencies markets.
- Proven success in implementing / delivery growth strategy with Belgium public entities.
- Open minded and able to interact with confidence with all stakeholders
- Motivated by challenge and looking for business success.
- Has a track record of working in sales and/or recruitment, preferably within Belgium Public sector.
- Enjoys teamworking and is used to an environment that requires cooperation with bidding, legal, finance and operational teams to achieve results.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Exercises good judgement with decision-making skills.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information quickly, cut through to determine resolution, communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business
- Fluent in English language as a minimum, Dutch and/or French is a plus.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies