Safety, Risk & Compliance Project Controller
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
The successful candidate should concentrate his/her activities on the following:
• To ensure that the service or the projects fit the purpose, is consistent and meets both external and internal requirements. This includes Serco policy compliance and customer expectations
• Liaison with other managers and team members throughout the assigned projects to ensure that the processes and procedures applied to projects delivery are functioning properly. Where appropriate, advice on changes and how to implement them techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards
• Reviewing internal and customer requirements and making sure they are met.
• Devising and establishing project specific quality procedures, standards and specifications with key managers/staff in the project teams.
• Production of the Quality Management Plans of the contracts/projects for approval by the Europe Head of SRC.
• Periodic reviews of compliance and quality documentation.
In discharging these responsibilities he/she is responsible for:
• Effective implementation, review and updating of the Quality Management Plans
• Ensuring the project specific process, procedures and work instructions are documented, controlled and communicated effectively
• Reviewing and monitoring adherence to the project specific process, procedures and work instructions
• Working closely with the SRC / Quality control team to ensure the process and procedures support the effective transfer of information from sub-contractors / suppliers / stakeholders.
Ability to travel in Europe (Belgium, France, Holland, Germany) and perform relevant internal audits as required.
Assist External and Divisional Audits in Europe (Belgium, France, Holland, Germany) as required.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
• Proven experience in a similar role, managing also the quality assurance aspects of complex, cross functional engineering/IT projects.
• Effective communication within team and with stakeholders.
• Appreciation of other work disciplines, such as IT and engineering.
• Computer literate & experienced in Microsoft Office applications.
• Relevant experience of working in a similar role and in managing complex projects.
• Qualified to a minimum of lead auditor level in a relevant discipline.
• Significant track record of successful work.
If candidates with equally relevant experience are identified, preference will be given to candidates within "Categorie Protette (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità” (only applicable in case of Italian candidates).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
About the Company
Serco Italia Spa, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies