Requests and Product Consultant (RAPC)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Requests and Product Consultant in Brussels.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity!
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Requests and Product Consultant you will be responsible for:
- Provision of technical studies, technical expertise, technical evaluations in relation with information systems products
- Market analysis of best product fit versus CI requirements
- Product catalogue maintenance
- Provide budget evolution and forecasting information
- IS costing and estimating.
- Assist in development of implementation plans from a procurement perspective.
- Analysis of information systems portfolio, project planning, risk and cost/benefit analysis.
- Follow up of developments related to tools in work domain.
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the IC representatives
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Analysis and technical skills
- Capacity to analyse IT products in market, assess value versus cost and functionality.
- Evaluation of cost scenarios for different technical implementations
- Creation of bill of material for orders
- Provide assistance in the elaboration and monitoring of IT policies
- Analysis of user requirements, design of new information systems, development of technical and functional specifications.
- Analysis of business processes, organisational structures, data flows, production of use-case models, software architecture documents, design and analysis models, implementation models
- ITIL V4 Foundation Certified (or where absent, a (TM-1 or FP-2) penalty may apply and the certification must be passed within 3 months after the start of the contract)
- Experienced in project methodology or similar training in last 5 years
- SQL querying skills and understanding of dbase structures
- Completed secondary education (EQF1 Level 4) and 3 years of relevant experience in indicative or similar roles or degree awarded for first cycle of higher education (min. 180 ECTS or equivalent / EQF Level 6) and 1 year of relevant experience in indicative or similar roles or degree awarded for the second cycle of higher education3 (min. 300 ECTS or equivalent / EQF Level 7) in IT or similar related field
For the senior position:
- Completed secondary education (EQF4 Level 4) and 5 years of relevant experience in indicative or similar roles or degree awarded for first cycle of higher education (min. 180 ECTS or equivalent / EQF Level 6) and 3 years of relevant experience in indicative or similar roles or degree awarded for the second cycle of higher education (min. 300 ECTS or equivalent / EQF Level 7) in IT or similar related field
Language and communication skills
- Fluent in both English/French both written and oral
- Ability to draft an comprehensive analysis document for a given domain topic
- Presentation skills for a technical audience
- Animate/Lead a meeting
- Multitasking and project oriented
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies