Radio Navigation Engineer (RT-C/TEC-ESG/00734)
Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have working experience in the field of RF Systems Payload and Technologies? You could be our new Radio Navigation Engineer. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As part of the Commercial User Segment & Navigation Systems Validation Section, you will be mainly working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team with the following responsibilities:
- Evaluation of GMS design and evolution, with a specific focus on GMS Algorithms and performances (incl. RAMS aspects), ensuring the design, development, deployment, verification, tuning and validation of the Ground Segment functions that generate and monitor the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases, etc. ...) in line with the allocated performances for service provision (i.e. accuracy, continuity, integrity and availability requirements) and development constraints;
- Evaluate GMS design evolutions for robustness improvements (eg. barrier enhancement and new functions);
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such as technical requirements;
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs; new services evaluation and contribution to proposal assessments;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews and support to Galileo Ground Segment next generation developments.
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing, electronic engineering, computer science or other scientific disciplines, as well as experience in these fields;
- Experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews;
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Ground Segment algorithms related to the generation and monitoring of the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases...);
- Specific knowledge on algorithms for clock ensembles, real-time clock anomaly detection and automatic fault compensation is considered an asset;
- Knowledge on Resource Abstraction layers (e.g. hyper convergence, virtualisation, containerisation) and data centric processing;
- Knowledge of Agile software engineering techniques, in particular SAFe methodology, is an asset;
- The applicant shall have experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies