RT-S/TIA-AM/00118 BIC Engineer (Business Incubation Centre) - Harwell, UK or Noordwijk, Netherlands
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a BIC Engineer (Business Innovation), based in Harwell (UK) / Noordwijk (Netherlands).
The postholder will focus on tasks typically will include:
Support member states’ ESA S2 portfolio:
- Day-to-day contact with ESA S2 contractors (supplier/industry).
- Support the preparation of the ESA Space Solutions procurement proposals.
- Monitor progress of ESA S2 start-ups and reporting.
- Provide support for activities (promotion, training, ...) taking place in the Member States.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders, internal and external to ESA.
- Support expert meetings, particularly selection campaigns meetings with local ESA S2 entities and partners.
- Assess highly innovative projects, particularly in terms of business plan assessment and assessment of the technical and operational requirements applicable to space derived technologies and applications and their integration in terrestrial products and services.
- Ensure timely internal and external reporting by ESA S2 entities and support where needed. Particularly maintaining a Microsoft Sharepoint-based reporting system.
Attraction and evaluation of project proposals:
- Support ESA S2 contractors in the identification and characterisation of new products and services exploiting current and next generation of space technologies (e.g. materials, sensors, robotics, software, etc) and satellite systems (e.g. Satcom, Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation) and their integration in non-space domains.
The following are essential:
- Significant experience in management of technology and innovation.
- Sound knowledge of the overall space applications market, and specific experience in specifying, developing, evaluating and promoting applications making use of technologies transferred from the space domain and the utilisation satellite systems.
- Sound knowledge of downstream space services and applications and with relevant space technologies (i.e. satellite communications, navigation and earth observation).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High standard of document drafting.
- Ability to work with software reporting tools particularly Microsoft Sharepoint, as well as some familiarity to add features in these reporting tools.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in German and/or Italian is desirable.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies