RT-S/TEC-QQS/00579 - Software PA Engineering Support Service
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software PA Engineering Support Service, based in ESAC.
The support tasks including the following:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy;
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of S/W PA programme;
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Nonconformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards;
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments;
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required;
In close collaboration with the project/mission managers the PA/QA service includes the following tasks:
- Establish the PA requirements and PA plan relevant to the project in compliance with the ESA SW Engineering and Product Assurance standards;
- Guide and monitor the implementation of PA requirements by the project in order to ensure their proper implementation;
- Monitor and control the performance/effectiveness of the processes used during the development of the software;
- Maintain PA/QA processes and procedures relevant to the project (including PA documentation) ;
- Participate in inspections and reviews (scrums, design, code, documentation, …) of the project and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- Define and ensure the correct application of problem reporting procedures;
- Define, implement and perform a metrication program to manage the development and to assess the quality of the development processes and the products;
- Implement and perform process assessment and improvement;
- Perform project audits and assessments specifically for quality and configuration practices.
- Provide support to SCI-OQ in PA/QA aspects, such as:
- Participate in project reviews when requested;
- Develop and maintain PA procedures and practices applicable to SCI-O;
- Provide feedback and support to SCI-OQ in configuration management aspects;
- Spot check configuration management practices on all missions, ensuring the correct application of the configuration management procedures;
- Provide support to the development and maintenance of configuration control procedures and practices applicable to SCI-O;
- Feedback on risk management project status, performed by cross‐reference to the SCI-O risk policy;
- Maintain methods and tools relevant to PA/QA activities (e.g. Sonar tool), verifying and reporting their correct use by the project;
- Support test preparation (data, HW, procedures, etc.), witness testing and problem reports registers;
- Support TRR and TRBs and the setup and maintenance of the test environment when needed;
- Support configuration manager in preparing testing and deploying software releases;
- Support the configuration manager with the development, implementation and maintenance of configuration control procedures;
- Ensure document management process (e.g. releases) is in conformance with the Document management plan;
- Support the Risk management process per mission, including participation in regular risk assessment meetings;
- Support the selection and implementation of the development environment and verify availability to developers and users on time;
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should posses the following :
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering. Relevant professional work experience;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools;
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards;
- Knowledge and proven hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems;
- SW engineering and PA Processes;
- Use and configuration of, at least, some of the following tools: SONAR, JIRA, Jenkins, Maven and Confluence;
Specific Competence Requirements:
- Professional experience on SW engineering and product/quality assurance;
- Experience on ESA software engineering processes and standards is an asset;
- Experience in tools as JIRA, Sonarq, Confluence, Jenkins, Git, Nexus, Maven is an asset;
- Experience in the development, operation and maintenance of ESA ground segment facilities and some scientific background is an asset;
- A PA/QA service also requires certain tools such as SONAR and possibly specific metrics to be run on continuous build system. There should also be PA; Risk Management and Document Management plans at the SCI-O level which is referred to in the individual SIPs of the missions;
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies