RT-S/STS-EMC/00006 Cost Monitoring / Financial Data Handling Support
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Cost Monitoring /Financial Data Handling Support Service, based in Paris.
This service covers the provision of support for the Exploitation Cost Monitoring Office.
- Perform services at ESA HQ-D in support of STS-EMC with regards to the implementation of new cost reduction strategy on Yearly Launch Service costs (excluding manufacturing), ensuring the validity of processes carried out as described in operational contracts, and helping to improve the industrial and financial efficiency of the processes. In specific:
- Propose improvements on European Launch Systems operations and processes (all aspects excluding manufacturing);
- Support the implementation, via frame contracts, the new strategy on downrange stations by outsourcing the telemetry services to selected commercial companies;
- Proposing dismantling strategy of non-needed downrange stations or services;
- Support the implementation plans for having EDRS capable of providing data relay services to European launch vehicles;
- Coordinate with commercial operators and assist with preparatory work;
- Conferring with stakeholders about specifications, industrial capacities and capabilities, and project progress;
- Propose industrial, process, project and supply chain improvements;
- Coordinate with others internally and externally to assess the above and to create and implement changes.
- Execution of activities related to the evolution of downrange stations for launcher telemetry using as far as possible commercial solutions, both satellite-based and ground-based, and help devising a strategy for the cost-effective provision of the related services.
- Perform services at the Paris HQ-D office in support of STS-EM, liaising with auditors and industry, ensuring the validity of industrial processes carried out as described in operational contracts, and helping to improve processes, with regards to exploitation related activities. In specific:
- Assist STS-EMC to interface with the Industrial Auditing and Return Division concerning audits and establishment of industrial geographical return in exploitation, including regular visits to industry;
- Confer with internal and external stakeholders about specifications, industrial capacities and capabilities, and status of projects and BAU;
- Propose industrial, process, and supply chain improvements;
- Support in creating processes / methods to gather supplier contract and process activity data, designing control systems to minimise and resolve process and project issues;
- Maintaining a good understanding of Launcher Industry’s exploitation contractual and financial data and helping to develop, support and maintain Launcher Industry’s exploitation cost files related to the transition and stabilised exploitation phases;
- Assisting in assessing justifications concerning changes to production/exploitation contracts.
- Confer with internal and external stakeholders about specifications, industrial capacities and capabilities, and status of projects and BAU.
- Review schedules, process flows, etc. to understand methods and activities in operations, integration and services, and how to improve efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Write and establish report elements which will be directly usable in the ESA reporting system such as proposals and progress reports.
The Ideal Candidate
The service personnel in charge of the activities herein must meet the following requirements.
- Degree qualification, master’s in an engineering or related subject;
- Senior level of technical writing skills and command of the English language – both written and spoken.; Experience / highly developed capability in complex information data mining, analysis and reporting;
- Willingness to travel often;
- The following aspects would be considered beneficial for the service:
- Lean and/or six sigma training
- Knowledge of Launch Systems and Launch Operations and its functioning
- Experience in telemetry
- Experience in organizational change management
- Experience in industrial processes, contract and / or supply chain management
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Experience in operational audits, M&A, continuous improvement and/or industrial processes
- Knowledge of French.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies