RT-S/NAV-PRS/00071 Software Engineer for EGNOS Development
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer for EGNOS Development based at ESA, Toulouse, France.
Beyond necessary evolutions to face obsolescence issues on EGNOS V2 ground segment equipment, some major EGNOS evolutions are in progress with EGNOS V3 both in terms of supported Missions and of architecture to face major changes on the space segment with the new generation of GPS satellites with new frequencies in the coming decade. New hardware and software needs to be developed, qualified and fielded to support new missions.
In addition, with the deployment of Galileo and the introduction of new capabilities in GPS, EGNOS V3 is also an opportunity to offer improved Safety of Life (SoL) services to Civil Aviation community and potentially new applications for Maritime or Land users, thus consolidating EGNOS position as one of the leading edge GNSS Systems in the future. In this context, EGNOS V3 phase CD will be launched in the near future supporting Dual Frequency (L1/L5) Multi-constellation (Galileo-GPS) SBAS operations.
The ideal post holder will provide the engineering support for the development of EGNOS V3 Ground Segment in the area of Hardware and Software, in particular but not limited to, for real-time and critical Subsystems development.
The activities to support include:
- Engineering and management support of the software development and qualification at System and Subsystem level within EGNOS V3 Procurement.
- Engineering and qualification support of the software safety and certification aspects related to HW and SW within EGNOS V3 Procurement.
- Support to System and Subsystem Interface definition and verification.
- Support to System Integration, Validation and Qualification campaigns.
- Participate and witness the functional test campaigns at system level at subcontractors premises and on-site at the EGNOS sites.
- Support to the review of System and Subsystems documentation for critical appraisal of Industrial deliveries.
- Participate in Industrial subcontractors meetings and reviews in Subcontractor premises.
- Participation in representation of ESA in the V3 Non-Conformance board for issues raised in the V3 system.
- Participating within EGNOS Project Office team to Industrial prime meetings and reviews.
- Support the EGNOS Project Office team in Industrial proposals and change request evaluations.
Additionally, the successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Reporting during the weekly Development team coordination meeting.
- Monthly personal activities report supporting the service KPI collection.
- Quarterly report in preparation to Industrial progress meeting.
- Supporting the internal management and distribution of Industrial subcontractor documentation collected from reviews and meetings activities.
- Collection, analysis and dissemination of results (Rids, MoMs ...) from reviews and meetings activities.
- Quarterly activities plan with detailed description and associated missions to Industrial premises for the execution of the service.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate assigned to carry out the above activities shall possess the following skills:
- Fluent English language (oral and written);
- Fluent in French language oral is desirable;
- Good knowledge of MS office tools;
- Good knowledge of DOORs;
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, physics or Computer science with proven knowledge and experience in the fields of Navigation and related data.
- HW and SW real-time development experience.
- Experiences in, procurement of industrial activities, in safety-critical software and real-time software development and verification.
- Experience in the integration, verification and qualification of large software systems.
- Knowledge of SBAS Systems and have sufficient knowledge of the Civil Aviation domain (mission, organization, standards, etc...).
- Knowledge in EGNOS development applicable standards (ECSS, DO-178B, DO-254).
- Experience with simulation tools development and utilization.
- Knowledge of the EGNOS System, design and qualification.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies