RT-S/HRE-X/00063 Laboratory Technician
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician based at ECSAT, Harwell, UK.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
- Setup and calibration of analytical equipment.
- Prepare samples for analytical equipment
- Manage the loans and loan requests of samples within the ESA2C collection
- Characterize the new and existing analogues and simulants in the ESA2C collection
- General upkeep of the SACF. For instance, overseeing repairs and maintenance to the facility, procurement of laboratory consumables etc.
- Assist visitors to the SACF with the use of analytical equipment and access to the ESA2C collection
- Upkeep of the health and safety protocols including reviewing COSHH forms, risk assessments, and induction requirements
- Expand the ESA2C collection as part of the SACF’s simulant development activity
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring the following skills and experience:
- Technical degree (BSc degree, Diploma, or equivalent in geology, geochemistry, analytical chemistry, or another relevant subject.
- Desired experience includes 4 years working in a geology, geochemistry, or other relevant laboratory, with preference for demonstrable experience using Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), X-Ray Diffraction (XRD), X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF), and spectroscopic instruments (e.g. FTIR and Raman spectrometers)
- A desired asset is a history of handling and analysing datasets produced by such instruments, including familiarity with associated software (e.g. ImageJ, MatLab, Origin etc.)
- Outstanding structured and self-organising work attitude including attention to detail.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies