RT-R/TEC-PM/00519 Assistant Resource Controller
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Resource Controller based at ESTEC.
The position is offered as a fixed-term position for a support period 16/04/2019-10/09/2019.
The position covers support to the planning, monitoring and operations of the BU’s financial resources (i.e. budgets, costs and disbursement) and to ensuring the overall coherence with the BU’s activities. It includes in particular support to:
- Coordination and consolidation of long-term strategic outline of financial resources, including multi-years resource planning (LTP, MYP), establishing financial baselines for next year and maintenance of in-year plans, covering commitment ceiling, costs and disbursements, and including manpower, missions, procurements and recharges.
- Elaboration of recharge rates for the Cost Centres of the BU, controlling of their overall financial balance, contribution to the recharging process.
- Monitoring and controlling of the financial resources versus plans, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and producing related reports to the responsible management, etc.
- Performing related data analysis and performance assessment in year and multi-years, elaborating related BU and activity level KPIs, etc.
- Maintaining related master data for the BU such as WBS, Analysis/Cost Centres.
- Monitoring utilisation of commitment ceiling for BU funds and fund centres and taking necessary actions vis-à-vis Finance Department to redistribute allocations as required.
- Contributing to the overall efficiency of related processes and tools, and to coherence and quality of related data.
- Contribution to the definition of new and improvement of existing related processes and tools and production of related documents. Assisting in the definition, preparation, implementation and maintenance of management support tools to ensure efficient execution of the related tasks.
- Acting as the Directorate’s interface to the Finance Department at ESTEC and with other corporate services as appropriate; Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment Officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data.
Additionally, the successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Support in the management of the Directorate's resources and technical infrastructure.
- Support in the implementation of the Directorate’s overall workforce resource planning, competency evolution and controlling.
- Implementing and operating uniform procedures and information systems for the management and control of activities , ensuring proper coherence and quality of data; participating in the definition of efficient processes, methods and tools, with particular emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Monitoring recruitment, functional and integrated support, competency evolution and succession planning.
- Workload planning and controlling and maintaining interfaces with the corresponding counterparts in other Directorates.
- Maintaining a detailed view of the workload and workforce evolution at competency level, implementing a pro-active controlling function and performing the necessary analysis to support regular reporting and the related decision-making processes.
- Controlling the Directorate’s Analysis Centre;
- Financial implementation of contracts, controlling and reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
The Key Person requires appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Experience in workforce management processes.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies