RT-R/TEC-ESG/00541 Radio Navigation Engineer
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Radio Navigation Engineer based at ESTEC.
The work includes specification, design and security risk analysis of radio navigation satellite systems, with emphasis on security and cryptography aspects. The position is in support to the Galileo System Security Unit in the Galileo Security Office.
The successful candidate will focus his/her activities on the following:
• Definition and evaluation of system security design concepts;
• Definition of GALILEO system and segment requirements, interacting with system and segment experts, focussing on (cyber) security and PRS topics:
• Evaluation of segment proposals focussing on (cyber) security and PRS;
• Support to the ESA Engineering Board process, in order to maintain the requirements system baseline (using DOORS);
• Support to Procurement, Development, Integration, Validation of System Security Tools validating the Navigation System Concept;
• Support to PRS Test Benches whenever required by the ESA Galileo Security Office
• Supporting technology developments (Signal generator and Receiver) in preparation of PRS test bench and security activities;
• Supporting the procurement of system tools (e.g. Emulators, Test Bed) contributing to the proof of concept and experimentation of PRS evolutions;
• Participation in the overall Radio Navigation R&D roadmap, focussed on cyber/security engineering aspects, with emphasis on the domains of Radio Navigation receivers and other System Verification Tools;
• Definition procurement design, testing, usage of Radio Navigation equipment in support to Radio Navigation experiments and test campaigns.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a PhD or MSc in Electrical Engineer, Telecommunications, Aerospace or Physics as well as experience in these fields, and at least 4 years of experience in fields related to the intended activities.
Additionally, the person requires:
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers.
- Relevant experience with the GNSS1, EGNOS and/or GALILEO systems and equipment and have and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems.
- Proven experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
- Some experience of commercial simulation software is desirable.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies