RT-C/TIA-TTS/00120 Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer, based in Harwell (UK).
The right candidate will be responsible for the management of activities devoted to the development of satellite payload technology and products under the responsibility of the Payload Technology Section.
The post-holder will focus on the below main responsibilities:
• Initiating, monitoring and controlling space segment technology and product development activities for satellite communications under the ARTES Core Competitiveness (CC) and other ARTES programme lines, with a focus on digital communication technologies.
• Liaising with the Procurement Department, the Strategic Programme Line Managers and other relevant Departments of ESA as necessary to fulfil this role.
• Supporting activities of the Ground Segment Section and the creation and implementation of ARTES partnership projects;
• Reporting regularly on the progress, status, schedule and outcome of ARTES activities, including realistic forecasting of milestone completion dates;
• Identifying and defining product and technology needs for future satellite communication services, in particular for digital communication technology and products;
• Supporting the promotion of the ARTES 4.0 programme and the ARTES socio-economic impact analysis;
• Coordinating the provision of expert technical support from other ESA organisational units (e.g. TEC) as required to ensure an effective initiation and management of activities.
The successful candidate will bring specific qualification and relevant experience in the following areas;
• Experience in managing technology development activities carried out by industry for commercial satellite communication;
• Knowledge of satellite communication system architectures, products and market;
• Experience in the specification, design, development and testing of at least one of the following: digital signal processors, communication modems, digital and/or mixed signal ASICs, software defined radios;
• Results Orientation;
• Planning and Organisation;
• Stakeholder Relationship Management;
• Knowledge of ESA and industrial development, verification and procurement processes would be distinct asset.
• Applicants should also demonstrate strong negotiation skills and contract/subcontract management experience. Experience in space segment technology and equipment as well as subsystem design and development is required. Experience in the satellite telecommunication industry would be a distinct advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Make a difference everyday.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Retirement plans
• Company events
• Contact Serco Europe Recruitment Team for further information
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies