RT-C/TIA-TM/00119 Programme/Project Controller
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Programme/Project, based in Noordwijk (Netherlands).
The post holder will be responsible for the project control activities of Projects, within the Telecommunications Technologies, Product & Systems Dept (TIA-T), and will report to the Head of Management and Project Control Support Office.
Duties include the preparation and maintenance of overall programmatic aspects of the project, i.e. cost, finance, documentation, progress control and reporting, as well as risk related aspects with the aim to provide full visibility on all aspects related to programme resources.
The successful candidate will focus on the below main responsibilities:
• Implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide
full visibility on all activities related to the progress, while ensuring compliance with established requirements for management reporting on cost, schedule, resources and industrial return;
• Assisting in the preparation of tender documents or contract change with
respect to management, cost and schedule/planning requirements and participating in the evaluation of proposals, preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations and participating in all tasks related to placing of contracts;
• Supporting the implementation and management of industrial contracts, monitoring assigned contracts with respect to cost, progress, invoicing, payments, industrial return, geo return, deviations from plans and trends;
• Establishing and maintaining of annual budgets, manpower planning,
cost at completion and geo return files;
• Monitoring financial commitments for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
• Administering of manpower, missions and industrial procurements from a financial perspective (using WLMS tool);
• Participating to reviews and progress meetings;
• Providing required programmatic, workforce and financial data as well as support with analysis of such data as required preparing the regular programmatic and financial reporting to ESA management and national
• Supporting the risk management process;
• Implementing and maintaining the tools and the procedures for Project Documentation System.
The successful Candidate will bring:
• Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, together with a project control background and experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration.
• Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry;
• Experience in maintaining a Cost at Completion, anticipating and highlighting areas of concern, initiating mitigation actions;
• Experience in preparation of synthetic reports with deviations from plans and trends. This includes Industrial as well as Operational cost;
• Experience with the application of project management and project control principles related to the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements;
• Experience with industrial return forecasting and reporting is an asset ;
• Experience in maintenance of a risk register, high level schedule and document configuration control;
• Experience in project review and risk management processes;
• Experience in the analysis of business cases / 3rd party investments is an asset;
• Highly proficient with planning and project control tools (e.g. SAP, MS Excel, MS Project). Familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-P, Eclipse) is an asset;
• Excellent planning and organization skills and attention to detail, good judgment and a pragmatic approach;
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule;
• Good sense of contacts and communications, ability to interface at appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside of the Directorate;
• Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies