RT-C/TIA-T/00067 Secretary/Administrative Assistant
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
- Coordinating actions with other assistants of the department;
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organizing calendar and keeping the Division Head informed on all issues of concern; supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects;
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the Division Staff to take actions on given issues;
- Analysing incoming mail- paper and e-mail - and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches staff to insure timely responses;
- Coordinating actions with the Head of Department (TIA-T); organizing and coordinating high-level meetings (e.g. Steering Boards) with Industry;
- Ensuring the diffusion of information between the Division Head and Teams;
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Division Head or for reply at a later time. Keeping organized records of these calls and checking closure and follow up;
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements;
- Supporting the Division Head and TIA-T staff in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organisational and contractual matters;
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail. Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations;
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures);
- Provide Support to ensure the implementation and operations of the Department Documentation Management System in accordance with the ISO requirements and TIA processes;
- Establishing and maintaining the structure and records and files on the Management Information Systems such as Eclipse and Daptiv. Interfacing and providing support to department staff on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems;
- Support to reviews and audits, and preparation of files as background for meetings and special studies;
- Administering and maintaining the office documentation systems. Setting up the folder structure, registration, filing and distribution of correspondence and other documentation. Follow up of departmental actions using the Eclipse Documentation Management System.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading;
- Data collection, extraction from various corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years administrative assistant experience at the executive level;
- Completed secondary education and professional training in administrative techniques or in secretarial related activities;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio and Outlook, SharePoint and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes);
- Good Knowledge of Documentation Management System;
- A fluent knowledge of the English language is required. (Competence in other languages such as French, Italian, German, and Spanish is appreciated).
Please note that the closing date for applications is on 23/10/2017.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies