RT-C/TIA-PM/00113 Configuration Management Officer
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Configuration Management Officer, based in ESTEC, Noordwijk.
The Documentation & Configuration Management Officer will work across the TIA-P projects, and also be delegated to work on specific Projects (i.e.: PACIS 3, EDRS Global, QKDSAT, NEOSAT). As such, he/she will liaise on a daily basis with the various members of TIA-P Projects, project managers, industrial partners other TIA colleagues. Tasks will include:
- Acting as the focal Configuration and Documentation management expert within TIA-P to support the definition and maintenance of the project Configuration Management Processes and tools, to ensure exchange of experience and to promote standardisation;
- Contribute towards the project CADM plans and monitor CM performance (together with the Product Assurance Managers);
- Liaise with our Project Teams/Industrial Partners to set up Projects Configuration, Documentation and Management systems taking int account ESA requirements and Partners usual practices to support the establishment of configuration control methods, procedures and standards;
- Support on Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) by maintaining a well-structured record system for the disposition of RFWs, RFDs and configuration change requests / proposals Act as secretary to the CCB
- Support TIA DDRO in fulfilling his/her duties for TIA-P Department
- Keep Eclipse updated with new RfW/RfDs, for project specific information and latest RfW/RfD status;
- Notify CCB members and the appropriate experts/specialists to evaluate RfW/RfDs;
- Communicate outcomes of CCB meetings to the parties involved;
- Support on Preparation of formal Configuration Management requirements, with the aim to be included in industrial contracts;
- Support the implementation and maintenance of adequate configuration control methods and procedures, consistent with applicable standards/requirements;
- Provide a qualitative and normative support to TIA-P Projects;
- Conduct configuration audits and configuration inspections,
- Support project audits, and work in collaboration with TIA QMS Audit Administrator;
- Support users in retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry;
- Set-up and monitor operations and maintenance of the TIA-P DMS for management, storage and control of ESA Unclassified - with Limited Distribution (e.g.: ITAR/EAR Docs) and Classified Information;
- Training TIA staff and Contractors on Eclipse and other DMS Tools;
- Set up, coordinate and participate in Project Reviews to ensure the availability of the Data package and manage the RID/eRID System.
- Work in collaboration with TIA Information Security Officer (ISO) and TIA PSSO;
- Support TIA ISO organizing the Information Protection awareness education and awareness training for TIA-P staff and Contractors;
- Act as the Alternate COMSEC Item Custodian (ACIC);
- Support TIA ISO coordinate inputs related to TIA programme/project Security Classification Guides;
- Knowledge of Agency's internal IT tools is an advantage.
-Master’s degree or equivalent qualification;
- Experience in supporting on Cyber-security and QMS audits;
- Experience in handling Sensitive Information;
- Hold a Personnel Security Clearance;
- ISO/IEC 27001 Certificate is required;
- IPX CM 01/02 Certificate is an advantage;
- Knowledge of ESA Configuration and Documentation Management standards (ECSS) is considered an advantage;
- Proficient in MS Office packages with experience of high level Project
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and documentation management
tools is an advantage;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the
boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule;
- Initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the outside world (e.g. Industry);
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of other European languages is an asset
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies