RT-C/TEC-SWT/00556 Software Development Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Engineer based at ESTEC.
The Software Engineer will join the Software Technology section (TEC-SWT). He will be assigned to support the activities of the Ground Mission Segment Engineering and Elements Unit.
The main duties include:
- Support the consolidation and maintenance of the G1G/G2G ground segment requirement in line with the system baseline;
- Provide support and act as interface for updates to G1G/G2G ground segment applicable ICDs in co-ordination with Interface co-ordinators;
- Interface with System team on technical issues arising from segment technical notes dealing with G1G/G2G ground segment technical aspects;
- Process G1G/G2G ground segment Non-compliance, RFD, and RFWs;
- Contribute to G1G/G2G IVQ activities in support of the G1G/G2G ground segment AIV Manager;
- Follow up G1G/G2G ground segment design and implementation both at element and segment level, including SW architecture, performance aspects and HW/SW COTS selection;
- Assess the operability aspects of the G1G/G2G ground segment functions;
- Assess the Data Analysis functions of the Ground Segment, i.e.:
- consistent management of data within the ground segment (reception, storage and controlled access to archived data, data security (confidentiality, integrity and availability));
- generation and presentation of associated result display and reporting;
- integration of mission and technical data;
- management of system configuration items;
- application of data analysis technologies;
- Provide technical support for the preparation, organization and management of all the G1G/G2G ground segment and system reviews;
- Participate, in Galileo-related reviews and technical evaluation boards, in particular contributing to G1G/G2G ground segment requirements consolidation and design reviews;
- Contribute to ESA procurement activities for G1G/G2G ground segment;
In performing these duties, the post holder is expected to interface closely with the Galileo Ground Segment Engineering Team, the Galileo System Engineering Team, the Galileo Security Office, the Operations
Team, the related industrial teams and the Product Assurance Office.
In addition, the post holder may have to support the definition and execution of activities of the Software Systems Division in his domain of expertise.
Since many of the activities will take place in industry or at operational sites, the incumbent must be prepared to travel on a regular basis.
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants for this post shall have a Master's degree or equivalent qualification in physics, electrical or aerospace engineering or a related field, together with at least 5 years' experience in system-level engineering, design and implementation.
The candidate should be familiar with required technologies and systems, i.e.:
- Knowledge and experience in the Big Data technologies, i.e. databases, machine learning, natural language processing, visualisation techniques are mandatory;
- Background and experience in navigation and security systems is desirable;
- Knowledge of ground segment and satellite operations and infrastructure is an important asset;
- Knowledge of ECSS standards is an asset.
- Candidates are expected to have a proactive attitude to problem-solving, plus good planning and organisational skills.
- They should demonstrate responsible decision-making and be able to work and communicate effectively in a team setting.
- Applicants must be eligible for security clearance by their national security administration.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies