Software & Validation (On-Board & Ground) Engineer RT-C/TEC-SWF/00624
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software & Validation (On-Board & Ground) Engineer , based in Noordwijk (Netherlands) .
The right candidate will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division and will be in charge of the following (initial) tasks:
• Project support related to all technical aspects: development and qualification of flight software
• General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities
Are considered secondary tasks:
• Development of Software Validation Facility components as well for the generic facilities as special project applications. This includes processor emulators, simulation of spacecraft systems and spacecraft dynamics
• Tasks within design, test and validation of on-boards software
• Task within customization of real-time operating systems for space applications.
• Tasks within maintenance and expert support within the software development tool-set.
• Tasks within system evaluation, testing and performance characterization of telecommunication systems as networking via satellite or network management.
• Design, implementation and testing tasks for the Section’s technology programme.
This position is intended for functional support to Galileo therefore
applicants must be nationals of EU Member States, Norway and Iceland.
The successful Candidate will bring:
• Master's degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering,
Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a
In particular experience with:
• Software engineering and object-oriented programming
• Space systems and Space Systems engineering
• Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others
• Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels
• Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc
• Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN)
• Software Engineering tools
• Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C
• The successful candidate shall be able to function as part of a team
• Because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required
• Experience with embedded real-time software development will be an
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
• Contact Serco Europe Recruitment Team for further information
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA). We have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies