Software & Validation (On-Board & Ground) Engineer
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Software & Validation (On-Board & Ground) Engineer based in ESTEC, Noordwijk.
The successful post holder will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division and will be in charge of the following (initial) tasks:
- Project support related to all technical aspects: development and qualification of flight software.
- General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities.
Additionally, he/she will cover the following tasks and activities:
- Development of Software Validation Facility components as well for the generic facilities as special project applications. This includes processor emulators, simulation of spacecraft systems and spacecraft dynamics.
- Tasks within design, test and validation of on-boards software.
- Task within customization of real-time operating systems for space applications.
- Tasks within maintenance and expert support within the software development tool-set.
- Tasks within system evaluation, testing and performance characterization of telecommunication systems as networking via satellite or network management.
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for the Section’s technology programme.
The successful candidate will bring a university degree (MSc) or equivalent qualification in Electronic
Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, and minimum 4 years of experience in the tasks similar to the ones described above.
The ideal candidate shall have in particular experience in:
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming;
- Space systems and Space Systems engineering;
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others;
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels;
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc;
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN);
- Software Engineering tools;
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C.
Additionally, the post holder shall be able to function as part of a team. Because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required.
Experience with embedded real-time software development will be an advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team.
Serco European Agencies