RT-C/TEC-SAA/00574 Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS) Engineer
Serco Nederland BV part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS) Engineer based at ESTEC.
The post holder will concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
- AOCS architecture, AOCS Design and Tuning, AOCS Validation and Verification, AOCS HW procurement, AOCS Support to Spacecraft Operations.
- Definition and implementation of AOCS (Attitude and Orbit Control Systems) for Earth Observation, Telecom, Navigation satellites and for Astronomy Observatories. The functional support provided to these projects (e.g. Sentinel, Earth Care, MTG, Alphasat, Small GEO, Galileo, GAIA, Solar Orbiter, …) includes
- Participation to project reviews (SRR, PDR CDR, …).
- AOCS design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR, independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets).
- Review of AOCS SW implementation.
- Sensors and actuators selection and procurement support.
- AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results).
- Operations support (review of Operations Manual, rehearsal and LEOP).
- Support to in-orbit analysis.
- Conception, initialisation and supervision of corresponding enabling AOCS technology R/D: High Accuracy Pointing, Generic AOCS Architecture & Building Blocks, Innovative AOCS & FDIR Solutions including prototyping and tools development.
- Sensors and inertial actuators technology development: APS, Star Trackers, sun sensors, Earth sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers, magneto-torquers, reaction wheels, CMG’s.
- Development and utilisation of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. sensor characterisation and testing).
- Maintenance, development and set-up of AOCS simulation tools.
- Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain.
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants for this post should have a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Control and Aerospace engineering and minimum 4 years of experience in AOCS engineering in European industry or institutional entity, background experience in AOCS Design,
Additionally, the successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Exposure to full cycle of AOCS development from Phase A to Phase E is an asset.
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of AOCS systems in different project phases.
- HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators).
- AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level.
- Proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
- Ability to interface with industry.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies