RT-C/TEC-QI/00582 - Safety Engineer
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Engineer, based in ESTEC, Noordwijk.
The duties of this post will include:
- Support the ESA Safety Review Panel chairman in the conduct of ESA safety reviews for the certification of International Space Station systems and payloads;
- Provide technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and the preparation of the safety review data package;
- Assess safety analyses and safety compliance data packages prepared by cargo items providers (industrial contractors, experimenters, National Agencies, ISS commercial users) and provide detailed written feedback;
- Support safety review meetings as Operations Safety panel expert;
- Review the implementation of entries in the ESA Operations Control Agreement Database (eOCAD);
- Support ESA in the review of ISS Change Requests relevant to Safety requirements;
- Execute any other safety engineering related task upon request of the ESA Technical Responsible;
- Provide support to the ESRP Chairperson for the aspect associated to resolution of technical issues and conduction of safety reviews;
- Provide safety engineering support to the ISS flight operations team;
- Provide safety-engineering support during mission preparation and execution for anomalies and unplanned maintenance;
- Provide safety assessment of on-orbit anomalies;
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate must bring:
- Relevant experience in the design and engineering of safety critical systems;
- Hands-on knowledge of the safety analyses and methodologies;
- Experience in human spaceflight safety with emphasis on the application of ISS safety requirements and processes;
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment;
- Knowledge of ISS systems, subsystems and payloads, of ISS safety requirements and their related implementation;
- Extended understanding of the hazard which are intrinsic of a system and/or induced by space operations, and the way they are eliminated or controlled;
- Knowledge of the way safety data are generated, validated and retained in support of the ISS programme safety certification;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices is an advantage;
- Capacity to handle complex situations and complex environment;
- Extensive knowledge of system safety engineering principle, methods and processes;
- Knowledge of ESA and NASA safety certification process, including verification methods and procedures is an asset;
- Knowledge of ISS operations environment.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies