RT-C/TEC-PM/00522 Resource Support and Control
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Resource Support and Control based at ESTEC.
The successful post holder will perform a range of the following tasks:
- Compilation and analysis of resource data;
- Control of the Directorate's manpower Analysis Centre -forecast, monitoring, analysis and control of all costs contributing to the Directorate's manpower rate;
- Development and maintenance of ad hoc and monthly reporting and analysis of resource status;
- Development of reporting dashboards using Tableau software;
- Support in the management of the Directorate's resources and technical infrastructure;
- Support in the implementation of the Directorate’s overall workforce resource planning, competency evolution and controlling;
- Implementing and operating uniform procedures and information systems for the management and control of activities , ensuring proper coherence and quality of data; participating in the definition of efficient processes, methods and tools, with particular emphasis on continuous improvement;
- Monitoring recruitment, functional and integrated support, competency evolution and succession planning;
- Workload planning and controlling and maintaining interfaces with the corresponding counterparts in other Directorates;
- Maintaining a detailed view of the workload and workforce evolution at competency level, implementing a pro-active controlling function and performing the necessary analysis to support regular reporting and the related decision-making processes;
- Controlling the Directorate’s Analysis Centre;
- Financial implementation of contracts, controlling and reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience of minimum 4 years with the tasks mentioned above.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will bring appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Candidates should possess excellent analytical and reporting skills with the ability to manage large & complex data sets and have an affinity with manpower control.
- Applicants should demonstrate excellent communication skills and be client focused.
- They should have proven ability to work autonomously, whilst being a cooperative team player.
- Experience in creation and development of Tableau dashboards.
- Familiarity with SAP and the agency's cost model would be a distinct advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with a wide range of staff internally and externally.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications.
- Experience in finance, budgeting and accounting.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies