RT-C/TEC-PI/00571 TEC (Technical Coordination) Laboratories and tests facilities coordinator
Serco Nederland BV part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a TEC (Technical Coordination) Laboratories and tests facilities coordinator based at ESTEC.
This position covers the provision of technical coordination support for the laboratories basic services (e.g. maintenance, purchasing, inventory, follow up of actions related to the technical administration and Quality Management System), for the preparation of investment plans, the deployment of common tools and processes, the internal and external communication and reporting in relation to the Directorate’s laboratories and test facilities.
The postholder will be assigned in support of TEC departments and will assist the Department Heads and the Head of the Infrastructure Management Section in the coordination of the Directorate Technical Infrastructure. In particular, s/he will:
- Organise and coordinate basic services for the operations of the technical infrastructure and support the definition of a common set of technical services for the operations of the technical infrastructure
- Coordinate the deployment of common tools and processes for the management of the technical infrastructure
- Providing support for common technical/administrative tasks related to the operation of the TEC laboratories and the Test Centre
- Identify possible synergies and potential harmonisation of overlapping requests in the multi-year investment plans
- Coordinate and centralise the actions follow-up related to technical infrastructure reporting, outreach and visits for the TEC departments
- Coordinate the management of documentation and information related to the technical infrastructure and ensure all relevant information is timely broadcasted
- Coordinate and facilitate the Department definition of multi-year investment plans for the technical infrastructure of the department
- Support the Department Head and the BCAM for the timely delivery of laboratory investment and maintenance activities, reviewing the status of progress and taking remedial actions as necessary with associated industrial counterparts
- Ensure the Laboratory Inventory and Fixed Asset databases are populated with all technical data
- Support to the ISO accreditation /certification process in terms of preparing laboratory processes
- Support the Department QMS Coordinator in the implementation and maintenance of an ISO 9001 compliant Management System, under the scope of certification
- Interface with site services concerning site infrastructure matters. Ensure requests and supervision of installation and maintenance works in the laboratory are competed in the required time
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a University degree (at least at MSc level) within the domains of TEC engineering and testing laboratories , or equivalent and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
Additionally, the person requires:
- Knowledge and understanding of the core business of the Agency and specifically of the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality (TEC)is considered as an asset
- Knowledge of and consolidated work experience with business processes and tools used for the technical administration of laboratory activities
- Knowledge of and proven working experience with web-based collaborative platforms that integrate with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Proven working experience within organizations with processes managed by a QMS certification and/or technical accreditations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to gain respect across highly technical teams
- Strong ability to meet deadlines in a complex professional environment and under demanding circumstances
- A keen interest in technology innovation, the ability to collect and understand new information, plus organisational and business sensitivity are required
- Proven ability in interacting with internal and external business partners of an intergovernmental organization similar to ESA
- Experience in interacting and negotiating with internal customers and suppliers
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies