RT-C/TEC-PCE/00503 Programme/Project Controller
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Programme/Project Controller based at ESTEC.
The post holder will be assigned to the Programme and Project Control Service under the direct responsibility of a Business Control and Administration Manager (BCAM) and will assist in coordinating internal resources and activities, interfacing with line management and stake holders, following up specific actions and performing analysis as detailed below.
The successful post holder will perform a range of the following tasks:
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects / programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans.
- Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required.
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
- In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports.
- Reviewing / checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost–at– Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures and consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers as required.
- In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
- Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions.
- Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis.
- Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s).
- Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles.
- Ensuring that above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management tools.
- Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools.
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information.
- Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing.
- Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
- Supporting programme inventory and export control activities, maintain relevant inventory databases.
- In the field of programme industrial return:
- Initiation and coordination of the periodic updating of relevant Industrial Return data base to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities.
- Verification of coherence with ESA corporate Industrial Return data.
- Maintenance of list of specific compensation or improvement measures and follow-up the implementation.
- Verification of coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures.
- Support to programme/project level risk management.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers when relevant.
- Operation of the associated management information tools and system databases.
- Support to the responsible entity in the definition of new and improvement of existing processes and tools and production of related documents.
- Support the execution of the directorate’s Risk Management process.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a university degree (Msc Engineering or equivalent or MBA) from a recognised Institute of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience and minimum 4 years of relevant professional working experience with the tasks mentioned above.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will bring appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with a wide range of staff internally and externally.
- Quick learner, diligent and accurate.
- Able to work autonomously and with initiative whilst remaining a team player.
- Service orientated.
- Knowledge of contract procurement process.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel). Good proficiency in MS Excel a ‘must’.
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications.
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies