RT-C/TEC-EST/00447 TT&C (Telemetry, Tracking and Command) Engineer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a TT&C Engineer.
The following technical domains are covered:
- TT&C and radio relay systems and subsystems for near Earth and deep space science missions.
- The work includes study, design, analysis and testing of such systems and of related on-board equipment such as transponders operating in UHF, S, X or Ka bands.
- TT&C and inter-orbit communication systems and equipment for near Earth applications and commercial satellites. The work includes study, design, analysis and testing of communication systems and of on-board equipment (including transponders making use of spread spectrum techniques) and operating in the S, C, X and Ka bands.
The successful candidate will focus his/her activities on the following:
- Support on mission analysis and TT&C related issues.
- Participation to the Concurrent Design Facility work.
- Studies and analyses of techniques and technologies for telecommunications systems.
- Technical support for the development of TT&C equipment and subsystems.
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of TT&C systems and equipment.
- Generation of technical requirements and statements of work for TT&C related activities.
- Technical support for standardization activity in the frame of European ECSS and CCSDS.
- Support to ESA projects from early conceptual phase to launch preparation.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a Master degree / PhD in Telecommunication or Electrical engineering. In addition to the required 4 years relevant work experience, the applicant should have some years of work experience in the field of satellite TT&C systems.
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming languages, telecommunication standards, particularly, in the area of TT&C and Telemetry, digital signal processing theory applied to communication systems and simulation tools is required.
- Familiarity with TT&C transponders and other spacecraft sub-systems technology design and testing is also an asset.
Additionally, the person requires the following knowledge and skills:
- Design of telecommunication systems and equipment with good understanding of modulation and demodulation techniques.
- Some know-how in satellite TT&C systems and equipment for near earth and/or deep space applications.
- Good understanding of the technologies used in radio equipment (VLSI, ASIC, MMIC, etc.) including knowledge of ASICs development tools (VHDL).
- Some know-how in encryption and secure communications.
- Some knowledge of satellite telecommunication systems based on optical technology.
- Significant experience of operation of RF equipment (antenna, LNA, receivers, SSPAs, TWTAs, etc.).
- Strong experience in assembling and operating test equipment for telecommunications.
- Capability of designing, assembling and testing analogue and digital breadboards.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies